Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So, I'm pretty late to jump on this whole blogging thing. Two of my favorite friends are already avid bloggers, so now they have to look at mine too! HA!
I am 26, and a recent law school graduate. I am currently unemployed and had to move back in with my parents, which is every bit as glamorous as it sounds (or glamourous, as Darling Brother would say). I've spent my time since the bar moving, packing and unpacking, going to the beach, getting drunk in ways that are contextually inappropriate and watching lots of tv on dvd. Its been a thrilling few weeks, to say the least. And yes I am looking for a job, but I'm not killing myself about it yet, since most of my law school friends have not yet arrived in NY and I'm not in the mood to start hemhorraging my meager funds to live in a shoebox yet.
In order to fill my days with more meaning, I've decided to take on a few hobbies. With the help of a certain awesome former roommate, I have come up with a list of cheap and easy activities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Creating new recipes for the financially challenged, lazy and somewhat health-conscious.
- Searching for the best cheap red wines.
- Creating a mini-terrarium so that my awesomely annoying kitten Holly can't eat the plants.
- Exploring my hometown on bike and taking lots of pictures.
- "Shopping" through magazines and creating a book of ideas for future homes, travels, etc.
- Research and discussion of McCain/Obama's potential cabinets, judge nominations.
- Yammering away about things a reasonable person shouldn't care or think about.
I will share the fruits of these endeavors with you. And yes, it will probably be boring. But here and there you may get to enjoy a few anecdotes from back when I used to have a somewhat exciting life, and you might learn some tricks to kill time when you inevitably have some boring days
So welcome to my worthless blog, Dear Readers. And welcome to the inner workings of my crazy brain!

1 comment:

Katie said...

As the Partridge Family could have sung it best: I think I love it! And I really love title! ;)