Friday, October 24, 2008

Almost Famous

I know what you're thinking- no action for 2 weeks and then 2 posts in a short time? Well deal with it. When it rains, it pours.
As you may know, I'm working on a campaign for a state senate race in NYC. I won't say who its for, since I don't want to be a "liability". I know, all this cloak and dagger secret keeping crap today. Just call me Gossip Girl, bitches!
Anyway, this campaign stuff has been keeping me on my toes lately, I participated in multiple different events from Wednesday-Monday, from rallies and boozy fundraisers to press conferences and Meet the Candidates nights held by pissed off rich white people. Don't I sound important? Well I'm not, so don't get excited.
Anyway, one of these events was a Women's Issues Press Conference- I stood in the back and clapped at the appropriate times. But somehow, an investigatory journalist from a local print news outlet decided to interview me! And I actually made my hellacious soul-destroying tenure as a board member of the Women's Law Caucus sound good! (I focused on the charitable aspects and not the internal struggles and back-biting). Sadly, however, said intrepid girl reporter did not see fit to publish my interview or even quote me. Apparently my biting wit does not translate in one on one interviews. Luckily I did get to be on tv though! And I learned that my face looks terrible when I don't smile.
Lesson learned. I will never again not smile in public.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Stupid intrepid girl reporter! But I'm glad that you made it on TV. Is it online anywhere for those of us not in the NYC market to see?

Kate said...

unfortunately no, its a local news station only.